This cable provides motor control for your wireless follow focus
unit. It runs between the wireless follow focus controller of your
choice, and the motor of your choice, as long as both use the common
standard 7-pin 1B Lemo-type connection.
- Preston V+F Lens Control
- Preston FI+Z
- Hedén HLC-RX
- Hocus Products Axis 1
- Preston DM1x
- Preston DM2
- Preston DM4
- Hedén M26T
- Hedén M26VE
- Hedén M21VE
- Hedén M21VE-L*
- Hocus Products HPM-1
*pending final confirmation
This is not a complete list. Confirm pin requirements of your devices before attempting to use this cable.
Please note that both ends of this cable are straight 7-pin 1B connectors.
This cable's features include being thin and light, perfect for use with camera gimbals, where flexibility is crucial.
This cable allows you to mount your follow focus control unit to the
handles of your stabilizer, which not only makes it easier to access the
control unit's buttons, but you can also mount your control unit's
battery on the handles as well.
- 36″ in length
- 7-pin, 1B straight Lemo connectors on both ends
Tips for optimal usage:
- Mount your follow focus control box on the crossbar assembly, rather than down on the gimbal
- Power the control box from a battery that is also mounted on the handlebar assembly
- LiPo batteries make for a great powering solution, as they are very light and compact
- For a semi-permanent solution, use ties to attach the cable along
the frame of the gimbal, leaving a loop in the cable so each axis has